5.23.2011

30 Day of Trying to be Positive and Not a Crotchety Old Man. Day 1.

So, I'm 20, almost 21 and I've realized (and so have others) that I'm basically a crotchety old man in a young, hot body. This worries me. I'm in my prime. The world isn't as bad as it seems, and I shouldn't be seeing the bad side of everything yet. I should still approach the world and my interactions with it in a positive light, doing my best to see the light side of things. So with that, I'm embarking on a 30 day experiment to see what kind of effect being positive has on me. It's going to be tough. For a couple years, I've been ranting about everything. But I think I can do it.

Talking Points:
- Be more encouraging. I'm a nice person I think, but I rant about everything, and am very sarcastic. So I will try to genuinely encourage people more.
- Don't complain so much (more on that later)
- See the light side of things
- I think that's it.

*Don't complain so much. This is the clincher. It's going to be tough. I'm not used to not complaining at things that get me heated. I will try to stop when I start getting annoyed and say to myself, "What's the good side of this. And, in the long run, does it REALLY matter? Really?"
But to help me through this, as I think it would be unhealthy not to complain at all, I'm going to blog about things that annoy me. When I sit down to give updates each day, I will also include things that annoyed me and why. Give a little venting room for myself. That way, I don't have to vent to my friend's faces. Mm, also, I think I will include things that made me above-average happy. Not just, "Oh, I saw a funny commercial that made me laugh." More like, "Someone gave me a billion dollars."

It's going to be difficult. I may die. Just thinking about the things that usually get me riled up is getting me riled up. But I think this will be beneficial to myself and to my relationships with others and the whole world.

EDIT 5.23.11 First day went well. I didn't have much to complain about though. I did get hit in the head with a can at work, and that hurt and made me mad. But I got over it fast and tried to keep calm. Worked pretty well actually. Let's see how things go tomorrow.

Until tomorrow,
Ethan.

No comments:

Post a Comment